Microbiologist level IV (Senior Microbiologist)
- Responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of commercial research contracts in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Uphold and practice the company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Supervise and lead a group of technicians to execute research projects and deliver quality work on time.
- Client contact and relationship management are important aspects of this role.
- Responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of internal research programs in accordance with company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Participation in the communication of experimental findings on behalf of the company including presentations, publications and others.
- Works closely with the management team, microbiologists and laboratory technologists in the completion of contract research protocols and internal research programs.
- Design, plan and execute experiments that are part of the companyâ€™s commercial contract research business.
- Design, plan and execute experiments that are part of the companyâ€™s internal research program.
- Evaluate and apply the results of research for potential new products, processes, techniques or practices.
- Complete grants and awards applications to support internal research as required.
- Train and supervise students and laboratory technologists performing work for the company.
- Maintain awareness of relevant developments by other researchers in fields of interest to Innovotech.
- Write original research papers and technical reports based on findings as required.
- Ph.D. or Master in microbiology with a strong knowledge of microbial biofilms.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong background in laboratory procedures and management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel may be required.
- CAD$50,000-60,000 commensurate with experience and training.
- Competitive Health Benefits Package.
- Relocation expenses are not covered.
- Newly created position, expected start Date June 1st 2017.
Interested applicants should submit a rÃ©sumÃ© in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or have other status that entitles you to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Date added: April 12th, 2017